Wednesday, December 9, 2009

091209

Today was an alright day. I finished putting up the christmas/yule tree and decorations. Went to my psychiatrist appointment and spilled my guts. He's come to the conclusion that I do suffer from Seasonal Affectual Disorder, and that he's going to do some research on their new studies...that LED lights just as effective as those expensive sun-lamps.

I've also come to the conclusion that I shouldn't hate christmas. The reason? Because it is still following the ancient way of bringing the Son of Light into the world, in His yearly cycle, dispelling the darkness. The Sun Child, as the Oak King, overthrows the Holly King and the Light begins to grow, albeit too slowly for my liking. But nevertheless it still continues...the cycle continues.

As one who follows a Buddhist mind-set, although part of the time, I still find it difficult to cultivate love and compassion for all of humanity. There are many sick and evil people out there. Many who are hurting, many who are frightened, many who are miserable...but there are many who don't want to be loved, who don't want to be social, who don't want anything positive in their lives. So I'm learning to accept that, and that I don't have to waste my time and energy trying to change those people but to accept them the way they are and give them their space. If they don't want my love and/or compassion, my friendship nor my concern, then I won't give it to them. It's not my loss, but theirs, and that is something that I have to remember. I don't hate people...I just greatly dislike some of their attitudes, actions, biases, words, etc. I still have hope for humanity. I still would like them to open their minds, hearts and spirits to great possibilities, but because of their chosen religious viewpoints, that is often very difficult for them to do or highly improbable. I offer up my prayers to those who are struggling and refuse to open up to more than what they've been taught.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment